"Stories Out of School" Flash Fiction Contest PrizeVirtual
Saturday, Sep 02, 2023
Teachers have the most fascinating, difficult, and important job on the planet, and their workdays are filled with stories. Yet teachers seldom appear in fiction. This annual contest was created to inspire great stories about teachers and the rich and crazy world of schools.
The winning story will be published in A Public Space's print edition and the author will receive $1,000. The submission deadline is September 1, 2023.
- The story’s protagonist, or its narrator, must be a K-12 teacher.
- Stories must be between 6 and 749 words and previously unpublished.
- Sentimentality is discouraged and education jargon is forbidden.
- Only one submission per writer. No exceptions.
- You must be over 18.
- Any adult, whether a teacher or not, is eligible to submit.